The Business Coach role at Family by Family requires me to find what Steve Blank talks about as a startup: a temporary organization in search of a scalable and repeatable business model.
This should then translate into Execution on a large scale.
And here are his basic lessons:
Great entrepreneurs don’t just have a Plan B, they have Plans B through ∞
- A startup is initially about the search for a repeatable and scalable business model
- Most of the time your hypotheses about Plan A, B and C are wrong
- Searching requires agility, tenacity, resilience, curiosity, opportunism and pattern recognition
- Execution requires a different set of skills. At times it means bringing an operating executive
- Operating executives excel at focussed execution
- World-class technology CEO’s learned how to combine Searching andExecution (Gates, Jobs, Ellison, Bezos, Page, et al)