From: ADR India <firstname.lastname@example.org>Date: 16 November 2010 8:46:34 PM ACDTSubject: [National Election Watch] press release: 100 candidates with pending criminal cases in field for Bihar Phase 6 elections (total 748 such candidates for all phases); All affidavit information available on http://myneta.info
<For simultaneous release in Patna and New Delhi; Detailed criminal and financial records for all candidates available online at http://myneta.info>
National Election Watch has analyzed the affidavits of candidates contesting 6th phase. Please find attached the report on criminal and financial background of these candidates. If you have trouble with the attachment, the full report is available on our website http://www.adrindia.org.
Please also find attached a report with analysis of candidates for all 6 phases of elections. We have analyzed 2097 affidavits so far and have found that 36% of them, i.e. 748 candidates have pending criminal cases, most of whom have been given tickets by political parties. Please go through the attached reports for more details.
Here are the highlights for 6th phase:
- 100 candidates (34%) with self declared pending criminal charges contesting in the sixth phase of Bihar Assembly Elections.
- 58 candidates out of these 100 have declared serious IPC charges like murder and attempt to murder charges against them.
- All major parties have given tickets to candidates with pending criminal cases. RJD – 41%, JD(U) – 56%, BJP – 80%, INC – 35%, BSP – 42%, LJP – 75%.
- 212 candidates (73%) have not declared their PAN card details.
- Details of candidates contesting are available on www.myneta.info. Toll-free Helpline (1-800-110-440) to help voters choose honest candidates
Here are the highlights from the report covering candidates for all phases(covering 2097 candidates):
- 748 candidates (36%) with self declared pending criminal charges contesting Bihar Assembly Elections 2010.
- 441 candidates out of these 748 have declared serious IPC charges like murder and attempt to murder charges against them.
- All major parties have given tickets to candidates with pending criminal cases. RJD – 55%, JD (U) – 54%, BJP – 65%, INC – 38%, BSP – 38%, LJP – 56%.
- 1342 candidates (64%) have not declared their PAN card details.
Please go through the attached press note for full details. Please contact Mr Anjesh Kumar in Patna at +91 9470651285 or our Delhi office at 011 6590 1524 for more details.
Thanks and Regards,
011 6590 1524; +91-99993-10100
Association for Democratic Reforms
This is the kind of good work that is needed any democracy but especially in India.
Begin forwarded message: