McKinsey Quarterly makes for some interesting and some times ground breaking ideas from one of the world’s best management consultants.
In the current issue, James M. Manyika, Roger P. Roberts, and Kara L. Sprague write about eight emerging technology trends (free reg. req.) that executives need to watch out.
For each trend they provide a bit of background, some current examples, why it may be important in the future and some articles and books to follow on each trend.
1. Distributing cocreation
2. Using consumers as innovators
3. Tapping into a world of talent
4. Extracting more value from interactions
Managing capital and assets
5. Expanding the frontiers of automation
6. Unbundling production from delivery
Leveraging information in new ways
7. Putting more science into management
8. Making businesses from information